Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Manhattan Hop # 7: Matsuri Sushi


369 W 16th Street
New York, NY

From the moment I walked in I knew this would be my favorite food hop on this trip. The lighting is what hits you first with large paper lanterns lighting the japanese restaurant with a soft yellow glow. To my benefit they were participating in restaurant week and I had a three course meal, starting with a perfectly crisp spring roll on a small salad. This was followed by a sushi platter with fresh salmon, eel, avacado, yellow tail, and ahi tuna. All tasted amazing in addition to everyone else's dishes at the table: panroasted peppercorn chicken, avacado arugula salad and salmon with sisho-oba pesto to name a few. But the surprising part of the meal was at the end with green tea tiramisu, accompanied by red bean ice cream and strawberries. The smooth sake and awesome service also helped this food hop become one of the places I will hop back too!

No comments:

Post a Comment