Saturday, October 24, 2009

Denver Food Hop #1: Luca D'Italia


711 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203

Luca D'Italia is off the beaten path in Denver and highlights one of Denver's hottest chefs, Frank Bonanno. I ordered the house salad with an appetizer portion of the egg pappardelle with lobster and red sauce. The pasta was al dente, and the lobster a bit overcooked. It was tasty but did not blow me away. In addition it was very expensive... $17.00 for an appetizer portion of pasta. If I was food hopping in Denver again this would not be a repeat. I would stop by Osteria Marco run by the same chef on Larimer Street if I were you. Affordable and very delicious with outside seating. If I learned one thing from my trip to Florence, Italy it was that good Italian does not have to be expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment