Saturday, October 24, 2009

Denver Food Hop #4: root down

1300 West 33rd Ave
Denver, CO 80211

Hands down this is the best restaurant in Denver, and I have a Food Hopper Stephanie to thank for the recommendation! From its open kitchen to its throwback 1950's decor, root down knows they have it going on. Not to mention that everything they used to build the restaurant is recycled. The menu is designed for tasting and highlights all local Colorado food & drink. The meal started off with a Colorado sourced Cabarnet. Everyone at the table ordered two tasting plates, and each were passed around encouraging a social dining experience. I was so excited to eat that I forgot to take a picture so I apologize if some of the pictures are half eaten.... but still beautiful! Some of the star dishes included perfectly cooked seared achiote rubbed Colorado lamb, golden beet risotto, King Canyon Ranch buffalo sliders, and organic hazel dell mushroom bruschetta. The finale of the meal was an unforgettable banana "creme brulee" pie with peanut butter crust. This Food Hop was one of the best I have visited to date! Put this on your itinerary the next time you visit Denver.

2 comments:

  1. As one of the diners that evening, I totally agree! It was a fabulous meal and I'm sad that I can't go back whenever I want! Also, for any vegetarian readers out there, Root Down was very veg-friendly. I had the tofu piccata, which had great texture,a lovely lemony sauce with capers, and a side of perfectly crisp tender haricot vert and julienned carrots. So delicious!
    1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice I wish I had tasted your dish, and I was so happy to meet you!

    ReplyDelete